Thursday, July 24, 2008

I finally finished all the applique machine sewing on the Sally Post blocks and I'm well on my way to completing the setting piecing. The Almost Log Cabin has almost all the blocks done, and then that will be another top complete!

I've done little work on the applique - Mike's been interested in a tv series, Mad Men, that is starting its 2nd season this weekend; he found that all twelve of last season's episodes were being shown in a marathon this past Sunday, and pvr'd (is that a word?) all of them. So we've been watching this series the last couple of evenings, and I can't do applique and watch something I'm actually interested in, at the same time (no commercials, either!)

The little I've done, I'm not happy with - because, yes, I've decided the background is too busy. And being me, I can't just choose another background, I'm rethinking the pattern I've settled on and revisiting some of my other choices - partly because now that I think I've got a good handle on backbasting, I'd like to try it with a pattern that's a little more complex.

No comments:



Add a comment!

Thanks for visiting - any comments, critiques, greetings? Click on "comments" below each post.

About Me

My photo
southern Ontario, Canada
I began quilt-making in January 2001, as therapy following diagnosis a chronic autoimmune condition. I enjoy creating and exploring hand and machine applique, machine piecing, english paper piecing, machine quilting, and machine embroidery. I have been working with Electric Quilt for several years and I'm comfortable with just about very aspect of using EQ to design pieced, applique, and embroidery quilts. I'm an early retired Mom with two teenager and a son who'll be married in Fall '09. My husband is my biggest quilting supporter.

Search This Blog

Bunny Hill Designs

Bunny Hill Designs
A Tisket a Tasket b.o.m.

Willowberry Designs

Willowberry Designs
verandah views b.o.m.
Quilting Bloggers Logo
Quilting Stash Podcast Banner

works in progress

  • pushin' up spring b.o.m.
  • garden at dusk
  • hop to it - my garden album (blue & white)
  • baskets
  • checkers
  • strip mine
  • prairie vine - needs applique border
  • p3 designs - online b.o.m.
  • a tisket a tasket - online b.o.m.