Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hello! - June 19, 2008

Here I am....Starting a blog when I don't know much about blogging, I only know I'm passionate about piecing, quilting, stitchery - and how it relates to my life and others.

It occurred to me that quilting as a hobby, craft, passion relates so much to my daily life as a wife, mom, and individual. Scraps of information, leftover feelings, words to be said are all floating in the mind like so many pieces of colourful fabric, waiting to be thrown out, judged, placed together like a puzzle to form a path to take, and eventually laid down, done and finished, to be enjoyed, or put away to reflect on another day.

Everyday I choose what I'll be sewing that day, often changing from project to project. My choices are effected by how I'm feeling that day - chaotic, contemplative, energetic, restful - and by what is happening in the lives of my family and friends. I hope that using this blog will help me to understand this relationship and to record my daily work, trials and errors, and successes.

I have mixed connective tissue disorder, diagnosed in Fall 2000. My husband and children are a wonderful support while I pursue quilting and all its tanglements - he often says its better to live in a world of fabric and threads than to live with a bored and grumpy early retired Type A wife not much to do.

The web quilting community has also been a support that I could not have done without - I have met good friends who have shared much about the craft and with them I have learned, played, and laughed
while quilting the pieces.

Tomorrow I'll share with some pictures of work finished recently, works in progress (wips) and if I'm brave I'll dig out my unfinished objects (ufos) that I'll admit to having too many of.

No comments:



Add a comment!

Thanks for visiting - any comments, critiques, greetings? Click on "comments" below each post.

About Me

My photo
southern Ontario, Canada
I began quilt-making in January 2001, as therapy following diagnosis a chronic autoimmune condition. I enjoy creating and exploring hand and machine applique, machine piecing, english paper piecing, machine quilting, and machine embroidery. I have been working with Electric Quilt for several years and I'm comfortable with just about very aspect of using EQ to design pieced, applique, and embroidery quilts. I'm an early retired Mom with two teenager and a son who'll be married in Fall '09. My husband is my biggest quilting supporter.

Search This Blog

Bunny Hill Designs

Bunny Hill Designs
A Tisket a Tasket b.o.m.

Willowberry Designs

Willowberry Designs
verandah views b.o.m.
Quilting Bloggers Logo
Quilting Stash Podcast Banner

works in progress

  • pushin' up spring b.o.m.
  • garden at dusk
  • hop to it - my garden album (blue & white)
  • baskets
  • checkers
  • strip mine
  • prairie vine - needs applique border
  • p3 designs - online b.o.m.
  • a tisket a tasket - online b.o.m.